Missions - beyond our neighborhoods
We have worked with churches in the Dominican Republic, Indonesia, and South East Asia to share the gospel with the peoples of those countries. In San Felipe, Mexico we have worked with SONshine Hacienda to host street ministry fairs for the local children and have been helping an orphanage there for over 4 years, assisting with building projects and hosting fun activities for the foster children and orphans.
We continue to partner Tribes for Christ, a ministry of the La Jolla Band of the Luiseno people on Mount Palomar, and with Agape Myanmar Mission Church, a ministry reaching out to Burmese and other refugees in San Diego. We gladly financially support multiple other missionaries and ministries too!
Our commitment is that at least 10% of all giving to the GC2 general fund is sent out to ministry outside of GC2.
At GC2 we’re excited to come alongside missionaries and ministries as the Holy Spirit leads us. We are currently supporting:
- Jon Liu – Associate Director of Asian American Christian Fellowship
- Tim Chou – Navigators post-college ministry
- Henry & Wilma Tan – Campus Crusade for Christ International
- Sonshine Hacienda – a foster care home in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico
- Sonrise Christian Academy – a Christian primary school being built to benefit the children of San Felipe. In addition to financial support, we have sent teams to serve semi-annually.
- Tribes for Christ - A ministry of the La Jolla Band of the Luiseno people.
- Turning Point Pregnancy Resource Center
- Agape Myanmar Church - A new church in El Cajon ministering to Burmese refugees, immigrants, and their families.
- Ka Mi – Interfaith Indonesian Children's Fund: a small non-profit organization that helps poor Indonesian children to go to school by giving them tuition assistance in the form of a partial scholarship.